a day in the life of...

a gardner...chronicles of the random adventures, boredom,chaos and drama that happens in London, Ontario

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Ontario, Canada

a disillusioned londoner, who is now in new zealand, hoping to corrupt young minds once ive finished with teacher's college

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

who knew flipper would be so hard to take a picture of?
















so as my valentines day present to myself, i went on a tour if Hauraki Gulf to watch dolphins and other marine life

granted i don't have any basis for comparison but that was probably one of the most amazing things i have ever seen....although i am very burnt after 5 hours on a boat, it was well worth it. sadly the batteries to my digital camera ran out part way through, so i wasn't able to get a video of them swimming, but just to see it.....and the colour of the water, and the island, the camera doesn't even capture the beauty of it

enjoy



9 Comments:

Blogger Drew-Not-Toothpaste said...

I can't believe how blue that water is.

7:16 PM  
Blogger gardner said...

it's amazing....even more so when you're actually there....i can't even describe the blue...the pictures honestly don't do it justice

11:05 PM  
Blogger anniBebe said...

Hey Steph! It seems that you're having quite the time in New Zealand. That's awesome! For me it's quite the opposite. I've just about had it with my motherland and am making a run for it Friday only to return 2 weeks later. Email me your mailing addy so that when I come back to this saucy country I send you a postcard of how great it is here.
Oh and how awkward, you know drew-not-toothpaste? I think he's friends with my friend from home who's also here in Korea. Small world...

1:52 AM  
Blogger gardner said...

lol that is a small world....i'll email you my address
when are you going back to canada then?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Phronk said...

Do they have canned dolphin there?

6:01 AM  
Blogger anniBebe said...

oh Steph...hehe...like I said I'm staying in Canada for 2 weeks [less that now since it's already been 2 days].
Formal was funz! [I'll put pics up when I'm not so lazy...] Wished you were there....BRRRRRRRR Canada is COLD! AND WHOA I forgot how driving in snow can be a bitch!
BOOOOOOOOurns=P

9:34 PM  
Blogger gardner said...

lol sounds like you had a good time annie....why are you only home for two weeks?
and i totally wish i could have been at formal...sigh

11:11 PM  
Blogger anniBebe said...

I went home for 2 weeks basically because I missed it....HA call me crazy but I actually missed London!
Hope you're still having a good time in New Zealand.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Phronk said...

You done gone 'n disappeared.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home